August 2, 2013

Market research

That's a fancy title, isn't it? Anyway, since my first two Android games didn't really become successful (yet!), despite the fact that most of the reviewers who actually spent time with them gave positive feedback, I've come to the conclusion that the problem was with the genres. I've checked the most popular games on the Play Store and decided to do something completely different - well, in retrospect that wasn't one of my brightest ideas.

So before starting my next project I've made a survey with 25 short questions about mobile games and the various business strategies used in the industry today. Thanks to Google+, I've already received a surprisingly high number of answers. I'm going to publish the results in a few days, and based on the initial statistics, I'm pretty sure that they're going to be interesting.


If you have five minutes, please complete it. I've tried to make it fun and your answers would be a great help, not only for me but for other developers as well!

Update: Thank you for the answers, the survey is now closed. Click here to see the results.

No comments: