May 20, 2013

Steve and Celeste release

Yesterday I've published my first game, Steve and Celeste on Google Play. I've been working really hard on it and it's great to finally see it up there. There's also a short trailer on YouTube. Links below. I owe many thanks to my friends who were not only very supporting in the past few months, helping me out with testing, ideas and suggestions, but they've also shared the app on the social networks last night, generating a surprisingly promising traffic on the first day.

From this point, I'm not entirely sure how to proceed. For the first few hundred (maybe thousand) downloads the only people playing it will be the ones who get the link directly from me which is kind of awkward but understandable, since there are hundreds of new apps on the Play Store every day. It would be fantastic to see strangers randomly finding my game but this probably isn't going to happen any time soon.

The game itself currently contains 28 levels which is about half of the number I've originally intended. There are several reasons for that, first of all, I didn't want to spend  any more energy on a game without getting some unbiased feedback, secondly, I was trying to be very strict about the quality of the levels (there are dozens of ideas that were left out). More levels will (probably) be coming in the next few weeks!

Android app on Google PlayBesides its relative shortness, my other regret about the game is the lack of music: I've only managed to come up with a short piano theme for the menu (and the trailer). Again, this is an issue that I intend to fix soon.

If you'd like to find out more about the game or install it to your phone or tablet, click on the black badge above. Here is a short gameplay trailer. Have fun and maybe consider giving it a positive rating / review! (yes, technically 1 is positive too but you know what I mean...)


No comments: